Saturday, November 25, 2006

Goa trip...

The last weekend was a good time as I went to Goa. Goa was calling for sometime but could not manage time out of my schedule to go there.It happened twice that I had to cancel the ticket to Goa the very last day to honour some professional commitments. Goa caught my immediate attention with it's splendour and charm.I must admit Goans have tremendous civic sense as the city is very neat and clean.I guess the govt is also active in keeping the city clean to keep the tourist revenue flowing.The traditional christian houses are pretty, conveys a royal and sophisticated touch as was evident on our way to Miramar beach in Panjim.We also went to Calangute beach , an attractive tourist destination, and went on for sea surfing in a motor boat.That was exciting! True to my nature , I loitered around in the streets of Panjim talking to people, savouring a biscuit and a cup of tea now and then, trying to understand Goa and it's culture! Oh yes ..we did take pictures too.Last but not the least, the night bay cruise on a ferry was something worth remembering...dancing to the tune of traditional goa musical/dance performance ...oblivious of the surroundings....didn't realise when I emptied the beer bottle in hand :) I must go to Goa again!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 2:08:00 AM GMT+5:30 , Blogger Unknown said...

Koushik,

Nice blog dude... I see your spirit thru your words... keep up the charm.

Jagi

 
At Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 10:29:00 AM GMT+5:30 , Blogger Kaushik Datta said...

Hey Jag ,

Thanks for your comments.Keep visiting.Where are u now and howz Lana and your kid ?

Kaushik (Not "Koushik") :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home