Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Blocked !

The Indian Govt and DOT has asked the ISPs to block a few blog sites.It came into action yesterday. I was wondering as to why I was not able to view my blog.This step was taken after the govt decided to limit spreading of informations across the web, a counter measure against terrorism , especially after the Mumbai blasts. I am not sure if at all this restriction would be lifted and if it would be ..when would it be ? Till then we shall be able to only post and shall not be able to view our/others blog. I have no reaction to such an action -- is it against freedom of expression/speech ? Will it really help to counter terrorism ? Are we going the China way ? Only our Govt can answer these questions.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home