Monday, May 08, 2006

Rang de Basanti !


Exactly one and a half years later got a chance to see my native again! It has been a long time since 2004, December...my last visit to Agartala. As soon as the flight was descending, reflections of the past was going through my mind...the days of my youth..those happy days..things were so simple and peaceful here at Agartala...the innocent smiles, the caring and sharing, the lucid jokes , the close knit family ties, Bicycle sojourns enroute teacher's house for tution ... pretty nostalgic I was feeling!! The new airport has been architected really well ... Our Pune airport looks like a kid in front of the Agartala airport...as we were entering the city, one thing which did strike my attention was the change in the quality of the roads...not a single pot-hole!! The betterment of the roads in the entire city bears testimony to the fact that at least some effort is being taken by the CPI(M) Govt !! Lenin would have been happy indeed ! The next surprise was when I heard that our Tripura Engineering college has become a NIT.That should do the confidence of the aspiring engineers in Tripura a world of good. Another interesting observation was the mushrooming of Gyms in the streets of Agartala..good to see people going to Gym to shred some calories :) The only bad part of the stay was the summer heat at Agartala.It was terrible to say the least ! On board the Jet airways flight on my way back, I heard the hostesses saying .. "asha hain aap ke jatra sukhadh raha hain "... I thought ...yes ..both my stay at Agartala & the flight journey was "sukhadh" ... Bon jour till we meet next !

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home